Essential Piano Technique: Primer A
Penelope Roskell, author of the award-winning book The Complete Pianist, is recognized as one of the world's leading experts on natural and healthy piano technique. Her series Essential Piano Technique draws on the principles of The Complete Pianist to develop a strong foundation of healthy technique, helping young pianists to progress rapidly and confidently through the early stages of piano playing.
- Can be used by beginner pianists alongside existing method books to enhance the teaching of good technique.
- Includes detailed notes for teachers, giving learning objectives and teaching tips.
- Links to free videos show technique in practice.
- Fun activities, illustrations, and imaginative original music throughout.
- Teacher accompaniment duets provide a rich musical experience.
Penelope Roskell is a Professor of Piano and Piano Pedagogy at Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance, London. She is a world-leader in the field of healthy piano playing, and Piano Adviser to the British Association for Performing Arts Medicine. Her award-winning book, The Complete Pianist, is the leading book on healthy piano technique. As a soloist she has performed in major concert halls in more than thirty countries.
Primer A: from the first lesson to legato and staccato
Primer B: from dynamics to scales and broken chords
Level 1: from hands-together to Elementary Level
"Ms Roskell's book demonstrates that she has a profound understanding of the obstacle--- technical, musical, physiological, or psychological---encountered by pianists of any age, and an ability to express that understanding in logical terms. I wish I had had access to her book when I was younger."
- Peter Donohoe CBE, writing about Penelope Roskell's The Complete Pianist
"In terms of its quantity and quality, its detail and depth, I know of no comparable resource."
- Andrew Eales, www.pianodao.com, writing about Penelope Roskell's The Complete Pianist